The cages came in yesterday, and man, are the freakishly heavy and awkward. They're only 70lbs a piece, but it's like moving a mattress in that they wiggle constantly. Pointless complaints aside, the cages are really high-quality. I put together 1/2 of one of the 8' units, and it took about 2 hours, several blisters, and a lot of swearing, but I've got a really solid cage out of it. They'll make fine hangers, if we distribute the weight evenly.
I'm considering using chain links for our connectors instead of cable ties, since readjustment with a chain just means moving something a little bit, instead of making a whole new connector.
We're probably going to be sidling the cages up along the walls, but I think we could probably put them across the open space too, if we wanted to simplify installation.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment